FBDL Insider of <a href='http://fbl-orlando.com' target='_blank'>fbl-orlando.com</a>
2016 Winter FBDL Week 4 Rankings:
1. Cyclops (3-0): Last week: #2 Team Cyclops picked it back up against a strong Flash team. Cyclops showed glimpses of what they were able to do in Week 1, aggressive in the paint and attacking the boards. A really solid game by the team, despite 23 turnovers (Collin with 9), with 4 players scoring in double figures. A strong defensive showing as well as they were able to keep Buddy and Eric in check for most of the night. If they want to continue to stay atop the rankings, they’re going to need to lessen their turnovers a bit. They come into Week 4 as the new #1 team and will more than likely going into Week 5 still #1 as they go against the lowly War Machine this weekend.
Last Game: def. Flash (73-65) Next Game: vs. War Machine (0-3)
2. Spiderman (3-0): Last Week: #3 Talk about an ugly win in another close one as they won by 3 again. Team Spiderman struggled offensively without the services of Ed Porch, who has averaged 20+ pts in his 1st two games. Brandon continues to carry this team on his back both offensively and defensively as he was the only person to score more than 10 pts and accounted for more than half of the team’s steals. So far Dannica has not provided much as she has not posted more than 2 pts each of her last two games. Will Brandon have enough to carry this team into the playoffs?
Last Game: def. Captain America (41-38) Next Game: vs. Flash (1-2)
3. Hulk (3-0): Last Week: #4 Definitely a closer game than most people predicted with Hulk only winning by 4 pts against the worst team in the league. Team Hulk struggled a bit inside without Kyle Whelan and Chad Del Rosario offensively and defensively. The father-son combo of Brandon and Mitch Urian combined for 29 of the team’s 47 points. Commissioner Romeo posted 17 rebs, but definitely looked exhausted inside without Kyle and Chad against a bigger War Machine team. Week 4 presents a big matchup against team Batman, who will be out to redeem themselves after an upset loss last weekend.
Last Game: def. War Machine (47-43) Next Game: vs. Batman (2-1)
4. Batman (2-1): Last Week: #1 I said in my predictions to not be surprised if they were to lose to team Ironman, but I didn’t want to disrespect the #1 team. Instead team Ironman did the disrespecting and came out with an upset. Team Batman looked like they were going to sleep through this game and ended up trailing by more than 20 pts during one point in the game. Team Batman was shorthanded, but still had a good portion of their core to compete. Chris Chen had his 2nd solid game in a row putting in 21 pts and 12 rebs. They look to bounce back against a solid Hulk team this weekend.
Last Game: lost to Ironman (60-66) Next Game: vs. Hulk (3-0)
5. Superman (2-1): Last Week: #6 No big man, no problem. Without big man Chris Brunson, team Superman had a solid game grant it that team Thor has no big man. Joe Nguyen is definitely taking off this season as he poured in 32 pts and 11 rebs. Defense was the key in their victory against Thor as they were able to shutdown MVP candidate Tony S. to only 6 pts. This team is looking a lot better than at the beginning of the season, but can they compete against the top teams in the league? Their only victories have come against the bottom tier and they face another bad team this weekend… Last Game: def. Thor (61-43) Next Game: vs. Captain America (0-3)
6. Flash (1-2): Last Week: #5 Team Flash lost another tough matchup last weekend as they went up against a very balanced Cyclops team. Big games require big stars to rise up to occasion, but unfortunately Buddy and Eric did not live up to that hype. They were outrebounded 13-40, which in most cases will not result in a victory. Instead of rebounding, Eric was consistently on the floor looking for his confidence as he was dominated inside. One silver lining is that both Armel and Myhke had solid games with 19 and 14 pts, respectively. Myhke looked more aggressive as he was playing in the lost and found box the 1st 2 weeks. Team Flash looks to “rebound” against a pretty good Spiderman group.
Last Game: lost to Cyclops (65-73) Next Game: vs. Spiderman (3-0)
7. Ironman (1-2): Last Week #9 I think we found top MVP candidate, Luis Duque, ladies and gentlemen…and so did team Batman. Team Ironman came out blazing against the #1 team and lead by more than 20 pts at one point. But just like a low tier team is expected to do, they almost lost that lead and the game. Luis’ leadership and poise finished the game and completed an amazing upset. He did have some help from Aizan and a surprise performance from Ms. Michi Leonardo who contributed with 12 pts. Ironman looks to continue that momentum against terrible Thor.
Last Week: def. Batman (66-60) Next Game: vs. Thor (0-3)
8. Thor (0-3): Last Week: #7 The descent continues for this team as they got annihilated by a not-so-good team Superman. This team hasn’t lived up to expectations yet this season, and it certainly doesn’t help when your leading scorer only has 6 pts. 3 games in and team Thor still looks confused and indecisive as to how they should play. Jonathan Baliwag finally puts up his first points of the season, but 3 pts is not going to cut it. He’s doing a lot in other areas, but this team needs him to score. Tony is still allergic inside the 3-pt line and Jonathan will need to compensate for that. Someone get this man some Allegra-D or something please!
Last Game: lost to Superman (43-61) Next Game: vs. Ironman (1-2)
9. Captain America (0-3): Last Week: #8 Another game that got away from them in which they could have won. Justin Roux could have had a field day against team Spiderman as they were missing their big man, but Justin was a no-show for the 2nd straight week. David Williams actually had a decent game, but he had no help from anyone else. They had a chance at the end of the game to put it into overtime, but they couldn’t convert. Will Justin show up this weekend to possibly notch their 1st victory of the season?
Last Week: lost to Spiderman (38-41) Next Game: vs. Superman (2-1)
10. War Machine (0-3): Last Week: #10 So close, yet so far. I got to admit and give them credit for putting up a good fight against a solid Hulk squad. War Machine almost looked like a functional basketball team as they figured some roles and areas to attack. They got enough players on the team, but they just don’t have that go to scorer. Quay needs to have better scoring games if this team looks to get their 1st victory. They’ll need a collective effort from the entire team against team Cyclops.
Last Game: lost to Hulk (43-47) Next Game: vs. Cyclops (3-0)
Feel free to comment, but please remember to keep it clean!