FBDL Insider of <a href='http://fbl-orlando.com' target='_blank'>fbl-orlando.com</a>
2016 Winter FBDL Week 6 Rankings:
1. Cyclops (5-0): Last week: #1 Team Cyclops faced a tough challenge against Team Hulk and was able to escape with a narrow win with a last minute bucket. Without the services of Paul, Collin and Joel struggled from the field as they combined for 16 pts. There are reports of a pre-game trade that occurred between the two teams, which allowed Josh Cabarubbias to play with team Cyclops. He poured in 31 pts and 6 stls against his former team. Will team Cyclops sign him to a long-term deal or will they use him as trade bait?
Last Game: def. Hulk (55-54) Next Game: vs. Batman (3-2)
2. Hulk (4-1): Last Week: #2 Tough loss as they could have taken the #1 spot if they had defeated team Cyclops, who were shorthanded. Brandon and Mitch Urian combined for 30 of the team’s 54 pts. Ultimately, turnovers are what cost this team the victory. They totaled 16 total turnovers as Mitch committed 8 of those. Not a recipe for success against the #1 team in the league. Although they lost, I don’t see too many issues with this team as they are anchored by strong veterans that will have them bouncing back in the next game.
Last Game: lost to Cyclops (54-55) Next Game: vs. Spiderman (4-1)
3. Spiderman (4-1): Last Week: #3 Closer game than a lot of people expected, but they came out with a win. Led again by Brandon and Ed, who dropped 16 and 18 pts respectively. Couple keys of concerns would be their low post defense and the non-existence of Dannica in the scoring column. Not sure if she’s waiting for the 2nd half of the season to turn it on, but she has definitely disappointed her fans up to this point. She’s their x-factor if they plan to finish the regular season strong.
Last Game: def. War Machine (56-52) Next Game: vs. Hulk (4-1)
4. Superman (4-1): Last Week: #4 Well this team stepped up to the challenge against a decent team and won in OT, which makes it 4 straight wins. The bright spots came from Jack Em Joe and Chris Brunson as they combined for 48 pts (80% of the team’s scoring). Joe continued his hot streak as he scored 33 pts and added 11 rebs. He’s making a strong case to be this season’s MVP if they can continue winning. Speaking of MVP’s, anyone seen Quang yet this season with his measly 2 pts? Someone put this man on a milk carton please!
Last Game: def. Flash (60-57) Next Game: vs. War Machine (0-5)
5. Ironman (3-2): Last Week #7 This team is getting hot and building momentum for the 2nd half of the season, though they struggled a bit against a winless team. My favorite Ironman, Luis Duque, looked a human this past weekend, scoring only 15 pts against a bad defensive team. Aizan continues to bring them consistent play and their fans continue to be the best in the league. Can they continue their streak against Flash?
Last Week: def. Captain America (52-49) Next Game: vs. Flash (2-3)
6. Batman (3-2): Last Week: #6 Well defense wasn’t the name of the game in this victory against Team Thor, as Team Batman won by 3 in high-scoring shootout. 3 players scored more than 20 pts, with Chris Chen getting back to his usual ways leading with 28 pts. Damien Babington, who we haven’t mentioned much of, almost messed around and got a triple double – 22 pts, 8 rebs and 9 asts. Charlie also showed his versatility and did more than shoot 3s. Big question going forward: what happened to their defense?
Last Game: def. Thor (83-80) Next Game: vs. Cyclops (5-0)
7. Flash (2-3): Last Week: #5 4 players scored in double figures, but they fell short in OT to team Superman. Eric played very well with 18 pts and 16 rebs, but it wasn’t enough to grind out a victory. If they could limit their turnovers, this team could be in the discussion as one of the top teams. They will need to forget this loss and look ahead as they can finish the season in the upper half with the return of Mark to the lineup. As shown in the last game, this team will be hard to beat.
Last Game: lost to Superman (57-60) Next Game: vs. Ironman (3-2)
8. Thor (0-5): Last Week: #8 So finally someone eclipsed the 40 pt mark as John Nguyen dropped 42 pts in a losing effort. He was scoring from all areas with a lot of his baskets unassisted. Team Thor was actually winning against Team Batman, but some unforced turnovers let the win slip away. This is just one of the characteristic of an 0-5 team. Good news is that there’s a chance to go 5-5 the rest of the way.
Last Game: lost to Batman (83-80) Next Game: vs. Captain America (0-5)
9. Captain America (0-5): Last Week: #9 Well my wish came true and Justin Roux finally did show up to a game, but they still lost. He poured in a season high of 21 pts as he dominated in the low post against Team Ironman. Unfortunately for Justin, he was without the help of one of my favorite players, Joe Roy aka James Harden Jr. aka Mr. Get Buckets. If these two and David can build some consistency, they actually might win one.
Last Week: lost to Ironman (49-52) Next Game: vs. Thor (0-5)
10. War Machine (0-5): Last Week: #10 I can see it fellas! I see the teamwork and rhythm, which hopefully carries over to the next game. The frontcourt of Quay, Damian and John Trinidad combined for 36 pts, but they’re going to need some help from their backcourt with consistent scoring and perimeter defense. Same as Captain America and Thor, there’s still a chance. Also, everyone makes the playoffs .
Last Game: lost to Spiderman (52-56) Next Game: vs. Superman (4-1)
Feel free to comment, but please remember to keep it clean!