FBDL Insider of <a href='http://fbl-orlando.com' target='_blank'>fbl-orlando.com</a>
2017 Winter FBDL Week 6 Rankings:
1. Gummy Bears (5-0): Last Week: #1 The only undefeated team remaining in the league this season, after both Airheads and Starburst lost this past weekend. Team Gummy Bears continue to play very well together on both ends of the floor. Hard to see any team beating them, but they are going into the “tougher” part of their remaining schedule. 3 of their last 4 games will be against top 5 opponents.
Last Game: def. M&M’s (76-61) Next Game: vs. Starburst (4-1)
2. Airheads (4-1): Last week: #2 Pretty tough for me to keep them at #2 even though they lost this past weekend. Compared to the teams below them, they are still better than all of them. It was certainly a surprise loss, since Team Dum Dums was missing Paul. We certainly didn’t see the same sharing of the ball, which has gotten them to 4-0 this season prior to this lost. They’ll get back to basics against a struggling Butterfinger team.
Last Game: lost to Dum Dums (40-44) Next Game: vs. Butterfinger (2-3)
3. Skittles (3-2): Last Week: #5 Besides Gummy Bears, Team Skittles is hottest team in the league right now with 3 straight victories. More impressively, they upset Team Starburst without the MVP playing because he was playing in his open game at the same time. This team could have easily be undefeated if not for their two close losses in the 1st two weeks. Richard Movida carried the load against Starburst and led all scores with 25 pts. Should be a nice tune-up game this week before they play Gummy Bears in two weeks.
Last Game: def. Starburst (61-60) Next Game: vs. Kit Kat (0-5)
4. Dum Dums (3-2): Last Week: #4 Impressive victory against Team Airheads last weekend, but I’m going to keep at #4 in this week’s rankings due to their inconsistencies. This is another team that could be undefeated at this point in the season asTeam Dum Dums has a lost by a combined 5 pts in their 2 losses. It looked like Airheads were resting their veterans this game and Dum Dums took advantage. Can they continue the winning momentum?
Last Game: def. Airheads (44-40) Next Game: vs. Snickers (2-3)
5. Starburst (4-1): Last Week: #3 Even though they suffered their 1st loss of the season by only 1 pt, I moved them down 2 spots because well…they lost to a Jack Em Joe-less squad! I understand they were without Damian, one-third of their big 3, but they still had Steven and Charlie. Also, they haven’t looked as impressive in the past couple of weeks and I kind of predicted this loss. A very game coming up this week against #1 Gummy Bears where they can prove they belong with the big boys.
Last Game: lost to Skittles (60-61) Next Game: vs. Gummy Bears (5-0)
6. Snickers (2-3): Last Week: #7 A 4 pt win in OT against a winless team and they almost let 2 opposing players score 30 pts each on them. I understand they were short on people, but they made that game a lot harder than most had expected. A nice game from big man Ed Porch with 22 pts and 11 rebs, while DJ and Brandon added 21 and 17, respectively. A big game this week in which they could win their way back into at least the top 5, but will they be able to handle the size of Team Dum Dums?
Last Game: def. Kit Kat (85-81) Next Game: vs. Dum Dums (3-2)
7. Nerds (2-3): Last Week: #8 I wouldn’t call it an upset against Team Butterfinger, but they sure did destroy them by 25 pts. They have a strong chance to go on a 3-game winning streak this weekend if they can beat the winless M&M’s. The stats might be inflated for his steals (50 stls!), but Jason Birkett did have about 30 easy points. He disproved my theory that they can’t win if he’s the leading scorer. I don’t even think in the 5 season he’s played, he’s even combined for 30 pts let alone do that in one game.
Last Game: def. Butterfinger (66-41) Next Game: vs. M&M’s (0-5)
8. Butterfinger (2-3): Last Week: #6 While Skittles are on a 3 game winning streak, Team Butterfinger is on a 3 game losing streak. All 3 losses have been ugly with this last one against Team Nerds being the ugliest. They’ve been struggling with chemistry, defense, shot selection and ball movement the past few weeks, but boy were they ever more apparent without Quang playing. Can Quang’s championship experience steer them back in the right direction or will this mudslide continue?
Last Week: lost to Nerds (41-66) Next Game: vs. Airheads (4-1)
9. M&M’s (0-5): Last Week #9 Team M&M’s can get an A for effort, but they had no hope against Team Gummy Bears. 2nd straight week they coughed up 20+ turnovers in a game. Cherry flavored Gummies will take advantage of that all day and look like Lamelo Ball scoring 92 pts without crossing half court. Now with that being said, I might predict them to beat Team Nerds this weekend. Call me crazy.
Last Week: lost to Gummy Bears (61-76) Next Game: vs. Nerds (2-3)
10. Kit Kat (0-5): Last Week: #10 Team Kit Kat almost pulled off a nice little upset in OT against Team Snickers last weekend. A couple of positive things came out of that lost. 1. The re-emergence of Justin Roux with 27 pts, though he was only able to grab 4 rebs and 2. Who is Jonathan Gonzalez? This guy has increased his scoring output in each of the 4 games he’s played this season, the latest being a 30 pt game. Can Jonathan and Justin (if he shows up) form a nice little duo? Can the rest of the team physically show up as well?
Last Game: lost to Snickers (81-85) Next Game: vs. Skittles (3-2)
Feel free to comment, but please remember to keep it clean!