FBDL Insider of <a href='http://fbl-orlando.com' target='_blank'>fbl-orlando.com</a>
1. Cinderella (4-1): Last Week: #3 Justin Roux has quietly entered the MVP conversation and he made another case last week with a strong double-double with 26 pts and 19 rebs. That?s two 20-10 games in a row and he looks like he?s getting into a nice groove. Cinderella got some help being undermanned from James Harden Jr. Joe Roy, but it shouldn?t take away from a good win. Last Game: def. Tiana (71-59) Next Game: vs. Rapunzel (3-2)
2. Aurora (4-1): Last week: #4 Aurora escaped from a potential upset, in my opinion, against Elsa. Elsa didn?t show, so forfeit.
Last Game: def. Elsa (20-0) Next Game: vs. Jasmine (2-3)
3. Mulan (3-2): Last Week: #1 Should have been a W for Mulan against Belle, but their two best players were nowhere to be found on the court. Joe Roy aka James Harden Jr. and C.J. Steen each scored below 10 pts, 8 pts and 9 pts respectively. That formula will not win games for them. They were outplayed and seemed incapable to slow down Rason Williams from team Belle. Big task this week versus White Macadamia Mitchell from Elsa.
Last Game: lost to Belle (49-44) Next Game: vs. Elsa (1-4)
4. Tiana (3-2): Last Week: #2 Ever since the 17 FT attempts by J.J. Quinlan 3 weeks ago, he?s only had two FT attempts the last two weeks. He also only totaled 12 pts in those two games. The Ball Brothers: LaMovida, LiUrian and Gabezo haven?t done much together since the 1st game of the season. LaMovida was the only player on their team to score in double digits with 23 pts. Halfway through the season and this team hasn?t found its consistency.
Last Game: lost to Cinderella (59-71) Next Game: vs. Ariel (1-4)
5. Rapunzel (3-2): Last Week: #5 I can?t move this team any higher than #5 because we never know if their actual team will show up. Their victories have come from strong help from subs, though last week David Williams had a good game of 21 pts, 5 stls and 6 asts. Their subs, Buddy Alo and Chris Chen, scored a total of 35 pts. Because of that, we can?t really assess if this team is a contender or a pretender.
Last Game: def. Jasmine (69-66) Next Game: vs. Cinderella (4-1)
6. Snow White (2-3): Last Week: #8 Surprisingly a good game from Snow White as they put up the most points they?ve scored this season. Ed Porch led the way with 21 pts and 10 rebs and got some help from Quang Pham with 19 pts and 8 asts. As I said last week, if Brandon or Quang can score 20 then they have a good chance for a win, but they battle with inconsistency game by game.
Last Game: def. Ariel (78-61) Next Game: vs. Belle (2-3)
7. Jasmine (2-3): Last Week: #6 Well they got Tony Sphabmixay, Chris Skees and Nick Brunson back, but it wasn?t enough for them to get a much needed win. Chris Skees was everywhere and had a monster double-double with 25 pts and 20 rebs ? and he?s a guard! Nick Brunson should be getting those numbers but he?s out there looking like Biyombo. Albert Bullington might be the next victim on the milk carton. Has anyone seen him?
Last Game: lost to Rapunzel (66-69) Next Game: vs. Aurora (4-1)
8. Belle (2-3): Last Week: #9 As needed, Rason Williams and Chris Brunson led the way in a less than exciting victory, though upset, against Mulan. They defended Joe Roy aka James Harden Jr and contained C.J. Steen in a good defensive effort. They have a good chance to move up higher in the rankings after this week if they can beat Snow White, who I think is still better than Belle at this point.
Last Week: def. Mulan (49-44) Next Game: vs. Snow White (2-3)
9. Elsa (1-4): Last Week #7 No show, no win.
Last Week: lost to Aurora (0-20) Next Game: vs. Mulan (3-2)
10. Ariel (1-4): Last Week: #10 Another good game from Stephen ?Daddy? Padilla with 26 pts, but yet again not enough for a victory. The PBL veterans are beginning to lost their grip on the season and losing time to turn it around. But knowing these veterans, they may play like this now and bring it all together during the playoffs. As of right now, they don?t look good at all.
Last Game: lost to Snow White (61-78) Next Game: vs. Tiana (3-2)
Feel free to comment, but please remember to keep it clean!